ProBono.Org Johannesburg held our annual Women’s Day event on 15 August, which was attended by 87 women from Orange Farm, Kagiso, Tembisa and Dobsonville. Grateful thanks to everyone who assisted us to make this day special:
- Our guest speaker Sibongile Baloyi, acting head of the UNISA Law Clinic, who addressed the audience on customary marriages
- NGOs who came and spoke about their work, including Legal Aid SA, who gave out T-shirts and water bottles, the S A History Archive, the Advisory and Information Centre Law Clinic, and the Teddy Bear Clinic who provided teddy bears.
- Third and final year law students from UNISA, WITS, UJ and one of our previous interns who were our volunteers on the day.
- Over 15 lawyers who volunteered their time to hold individual consultations with women who needed legal advice.
- Mjele Msimang who volunteered to take the photos.